Lockdown or no lockdown, however you look at it, the huge growth in online sales of chocolates and confectionery looks like it will establish itself as the new normal. That means that you could have a problem if your business is invisible online and your only route to market is via your shop's front door. That's because online shoppers won't be able to buy from you, so someone else will be taking the business.
Facts and Figures
- According to Statista, In November 2020, internet food sales increased 108% compared with November the previous year (which includes fast moving consumer goods, such as chocolate).
- Already in 2019, 30% of the UK food sales were done via the internet, with an estimated 1 in 4 food products being bought online.
- At Sarunds the order volumes from our online customers rocketed during the lockdowns. They show no sign of decline.
- At Sarunds, we send out over 100,000 parcels a year from online orders (that's in addition to orders we ship out to our physical retail customers).
- Most retailers want to take advantage of this rapidly growing trend but often don’t have the ability, facility or capability to do so. But we can help.
What We Offer
- We offer a unique service where we will fulfil and direct dispatch any online orders from your website for you.
- We can connect with many of the most popular shopping carts and selling channels, to seamlessly integrate and fulfil your orders and control stock levels.
- You have full control over your website, what you sell and the price you sell it at. Your responsibility is simply to get the customers to place an order. We do the rest.
- We receive your customer's order, pick the item from our temperature-controlled warehouse, pack it securely in bubble bags and purpose-designed, double-walled, cardboard postal outers.
- We include a delivery note with your details, your logo, your branding on – no mention of Sarunds anywhere.
- Depending on your preference, we can send the parcel out using our Royal Mail and/or FedEx daily collections, or we can work with your chosen courier.
- We update your website with dispatch and any tracking references so you can update your customers.
- Your customer receives the order as if it has been sent by you.
- You don't have to buy the stock first! That means there's no need to tie up cash in stock. You take the money up front from your online customer, at the time of the order, and we then invoice you on account. You only pay for what you sell, after you've sold it.
- You don't have to store the stock. As we have the stock in our warehouse ready to pack, you don’t have to worry about storage space, temperature, humidity, deliveries, etc.
- No extra staff costs – you don’t have to worry about extra staff to deal with orders, trips to the post office or monitoring stock levels.
- Award-winning dispatch – we have won awards for our dispatch. Our customer feedback and delivery time are second to none.
- Even during lockdown and with the additional costs, customs hold-ups and trade barriers that are a direct result of leaving the EU, Sarunds has been out-performing most of the UK confectionery industry since early 2020.
- Reduced costs – we already have packaging to fit every product and we buy in bulk to keep costs low. Our postage volume means you can take advantage of very competitive postage costs.
- Takes away barriers to selling on the internet – we can fulfil for you.
- Email us for more information about Fulfilment.